it is not Sunday, October 24, 2004.

[but enough about me]

the most dreaded (and simultaneously the most important) interview 'question':

tell me about yourself.

so here it is. tell me about yourself. ... seriously. I deal in specifics, so here's what I'm looking for, specifically: everyone has some feature or quirk that s/he has never been able to tell another person simply because it has never been easily insertable into the conversation at hand. here is your excuse to say it.

mine is that I've always wanted to write, film, and edit my own movie. actually, I've already written one (it's rubbish, don't bother inquiring), so I guess I want to get to the business of filming and editing my own rubbish movie.

someone I know (not me) has a more interesting one. once when he was 15ish he watched a pseudonews show's exposé on landlords who install hidden cameras to spy on their tenants. since then, in every dorm room/apartment he's lived in, he regularly checks the eaves and behind the mirrors for cameras, and checks the floors for suspicious sawdust. true story.

PREMISE we are very normal, well-functioning humans.
PREMISE we have one.
PREMISE you are very normal, well-functioning humans.
CONCLUSION you have one.

it will be easy for you to tell me because I'm not hiring you.



2 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

i like your journal.

@ 10/24/2004 11:41:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger topavia did not say:

mine.
because when i was four my sister came home from highschool and told me the tale of a girl who we'd thought always had really bad zits, turned out not to have zits at all. while the girl was in the bathroom trying to cover up the biggest of her zits, her zit "hatched" and a bazillion baby spiders came pouring out of the girls pore. "it covered her whole face!" a spider had planted it's egg sack in her pores.

my sister also told me you can't squish spiders because their blood sends out a chemical message to everyone in its family. the family members will travel from all over the world to the spot where the spider was squished to take revenge.

all of this, to tell you that i [to this day] vaccuum up spiders and then run the vaccuum outside so the spider can escape if it chooses.

living in a third floor loft in NY with no elevator, i would still run my vaccuum down the flights and leave it on the stoop. after i "lost" four vaccuums in the course of a year, my Dad started having cleaning people stop by.

i am afraid of spiders. ;)

@ 10/25/2004 07:53:00 AM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).