it is not Monday, October 18, 2004.

[in my defense, I have been busy]

ugh. you ridiculous demanding people, being all ridiculous and demanding things and such.

since last we spoke, I have: gone on a camping trip, run the batteries of the camera down in three pictures, built fires, put out fires, slept in a freezing tent with a too-small sleeping bag and no proper pillow, caught a three-inch fish, washed my hair in a river, driven through a town with its own logo, seen mountains and valleys aplenty, been sick, had headaches, rearranged the contents of my living room, done the dishes, been kissed by a dog, visited old friends, sat down in a bookstore, purchased a future sound of london (link warning: evil flash and less-than-evil noise and lights lie ahead) album, written some conspicuously overdue emails and procrastinat'd many others, sold a laptop computer on ebay whilst simultaneously avoiding internet fraud, watched football (american), watched football (unamerican), been visited by a canadian cousin, eaten ice cream and more ice cream, touched the pacific ocean, thrown a frisbee, watched movies with many friends, eaten homemade quesadillas after midnight, eaten and eaten and eaten, played games and games and games, read books and books and books, not gotten a job, and stayed mostly out of trouble throughout. so I can see that it has indeed been a while, for which you have my apologies.

I have also been thinking of what to give you in the way of photos. since I cannot in good conscience delay this any longer, I might as well get right into it.

well, let's see. in the order they were received:

1 (requested by dan) - dinner (or the aftermath thereof):

stir-fry and ex-brownies.



2 (requested by nmrboy) - something around my house that strikes me as being decidedly out of place:


note the products of intelligentsia on the right side and the products of literati on the left. har.


3 (requested by louise) -
a. my bookshelves:





I have too many of these. they also qualify for part 3c below.


b. my favourite (local) place that makes me feel like getting back to nature:

the wallowa mountains.



is that water clear? the answer is yes.


c. the item(s) I cherish most (wife excluded):

ash nazg durbatuluk.


the future of muzak.


cromulent.


cromulent, with majesty.



d. my wife:

sadly, according to my wife, this is not allowed. this is the best I am allowed do:



4 (requested by lisa to whom I've unfortunately never been introduced) - a girl driving an unbroken black pontiac bonneville, or any other fortunate event I might witness:

this was a toughie. it rather required my carrying the camera about from place to place, and also required lightning-fast reflexes, which I'm told I do not have. the specific item mentioned does not exist in my town, so again, I had to settle for 'the best I could do.' here:


this arrived in the mail today, from my mum. even though it isn't an event per se, you can't ask for more fortunate than this.



this was fun. for me.

p.s. the new recommended daily allowance of future sound of london is now 'yes.'



4 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger mAtt did not say:

WHY WHY WHY are some of the pictures different sizes. I promise they're not.

stupid inter-net-web thingum.

@ 10/18/2004 09:40:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger mAtt did not say:

my ocd demon says I have to post again, even though the '1 comments' bug has died. and have I left the stove on? I'll check. and I'll fix the rug tassles and vacuum and alphabetize my shoes and ...

@ 10/18/2004 11:46:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

ooh, lots of pretty things to look at. i felt a little guilty when i realised how many of the pictures i had requested! i guess that makes me greedy. you did a good job in filling all orders.

pretty mountains. also pretty books :) slightly confused - am i looking at the ring of sauron or the ring of marriage? (or are you making some kind of mistaken analogy?)

oh goodness. cromulent is indeed a mighty (well ventilated) beast.

aha! i spy hair (and a pig).

your ocd needs to be more patient. ;)

@ 10/19/2004 07:32:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger mAtt did not say:

that's the ring of marriage, but with a bit of the elven-verse of sauron's ring. I'm glad it wasn't lost on everyone. (or was it? ... no, not possible, it wasn't lost on me.)

@ 10/19/2004 07:50:00 PM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).