it is not Thursday, November 04, 2004.

[everything happens at once, reprise]

unfortunately, everything happens in almost precisely the wrong order.

update: second interview has turned into a definite offer of immediate employment. I could be well and truly job'd next monday morning.

ordinarily, under other circumstances, this would be known as an Absolutely Good Thing™. the reasons it is not an Absolutely Good Thing™:

1. it is not full-time. it is 20 hrs/week.
2. being something I very much enjoy doing, it is not the One Thing™ I really want to be doing.
3. I have another possibility on the line, which would be the One Thing™ I really want to be doing. however, this won't even turn into an interview for at least three weeks, possibly longer. possibly much longer. everything is up in the air and refuses to come down.

also in the air is Chelsey's (where Chelsey = wife) employment situation. she has a semi-ideal possibility that will (with 75% certainty) turn into an offer, but we haven't heard from the would-be workplace. tomorrow we might, and if that were the case, then--regardless of the answer--that would simplify things a bit. by 'a bit,' I of course mean 'a ton.'

tonight I received tea and sympathy tough love. sometimes that's the best a situation allows.

will I sleep tonight? the answer is no. as usual.



moving on to something less meaningful.

you'll notice that the sidebar is in a state of ever-changingness. consider it my silly gift to you. and it keeps on giving (?).

change is a Good Thing™. (well, at any rate anyway, it's a Thing™.)



3 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

i started drawing a buttress with those reinforcement poles that run on the diagonal. and then i wrote 'hang on in there' underneath it. then i realised that my reinforcement looked like a game of hangman. maybe not the message i meant to send.

so, instead, a lame-o picture pun that is basically illegible (but then, aren't you the yang?):

+++++++
+++ +++
+ +
+ +
+ +
+++ +++
+++++++


um, nothing else, except i am hoping it all works out!

@ 11/04/2004 08:43:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

oh yeah. blogger comments edit out repeat spaces.






never mind.

@ 11/04/2004 08:44:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger mAtt did not say:

one day I'm suddenly going to change the world and that will be on my 'to-change' list. that and the general public's complete ignorance of the correct usage of apostrophes.

or maybe I take myself too seriously?

@ 11/05/2004 12:15:00 AM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).