it is not Friday, November 19, 2004.

[swear words: not just for grandma anymore]

a list of minor goings-wrong, which in their entirety make up a very bad day.

we had to (read: volunteered to) drive friends to the airport at 3:00 in the morning yesterday/this morning. got back at five. slept not-at-all well and not nearly long enough.

my ipod's battery died with hours of work ahead of me.

the network hiccupped at a crucial moment (right as I saved all my work and was logging off), choosing that exact time to disconnect my computer and somehow in the process delete all the updates and entries I had made during the day. that's right, I worked all day and at the end have nothing to show for it. nothing. it is gone. all gone. unceremoniously deleted.

the cute co-workin' girl at work had her last day today. she leaves for ireland soon.

my throat hurts, and relatedly, my voice is on the outs. I am short-sighted: the tea I took to soothe it was very probably caffeinated which is why I can't sleep even though I'd quite like to.

the ctrl button on my keyboard is currently finnicky. unresponsive. in a 'phase.'

I can't get quicken's online update features to work properly.

I can't find a certain power adapter I need to find. I can't find my new online banking pin number that I swore I wrote down right here two minutes ago. I can't find my keys, my coat, my wallet, my shoes. oh I found my keys but set them down to look for my shoes and found my shoes but forgot where I put my keys. I can't find my sanity.

we're out of clean spoons. it's my turn to do the dishes and I have no one to blame but me.

we're nearly out of comfort-flavor ice cream. ... moot'd! no spoons.

it feels like today should have been a friday, but no. I still have that to look forward to.


as the venerable douglas adams might say in such a situation:
'this must be thursday. I never could get the hang of thursdays.'

thank you, mr adams. you left me just when I needed you most.



2 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger Jen did not say:

Matthew Waters - I'm so very glad you wrote more. And so very sad you had a horrible thursday. Have you checked the freezer for your keys? Or perhaps they are hanging in the right spot? Whenever I put mine in the right spot, I can't find them. It's the last place I check after under the bed, behind the couch, in yesterday's pockets, in a drawer, in the bathroom, under a stack of books, and still in the car, all of which have held my keys at one time or another, and sometimes there they are: hanging on the key hook by the door. Who would have thunk it?! Can't wait to see you over break.

@ 11/19/2004 11:36:00 AM  

..................................
Blogger mAtt did not say:

NO JEN now everyone knows my public identity.

what do girls want for christmas?

@ 11/20/2004 03:13:00 AM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).