it is not Thursday, November 18, 2004.

[the wheel is spinning but I can't see the hamster]

I tried to mail a boomerang a few days ago but it keeps coming back.


seriously, though.

it's been a serious while since our last time together, mostly because I've been distracted, and because I've decided to spend my time on tweaking the template again. that's not what you want; I should know better.

but since you're here and since I'm needy, tell me what you think about the link hovering thing. we (I) aim to please.


the job dillemma remains so. the one that would require us to move is looking brighter every day, while at the same time I quite enjoy what I'm currently doing. it's going to be a tough decision either way. tears will be shed. names may or may not be called. I do not like making decisions. it is my most annoying feature, something I really wish I could just iron out. to my infinite discredit, I'm a sucker for the easy road.

I might be setting myself up for disillusionment with a certain future conference call, but I remain an eternal optimist. at least I'll be able to more-or-less keep the voices straight (having heard half of them already).


aivapot leaves me speechless and helpless. and even though it's none of my business I wish it could be. I've always always been on your side.


my nanowrimo word count remains steady at an unimpressive 41,942 (bugger); I thought I could make it but I'm impasse'd. I'm thinking about running it through a web translator and back a few times to generate some extra words, but I fear something might be lost.


winter is just another way of saying 'I'll be constantly cold for five months and no number of blankets and/or heaters can remedy it. in many ways I despise this town, these environs, these doldrums-but-not-technical-doldrums ... but I'm to love the one I'm with, right?

bleh. it's late, and I'm still insubstantial.



to obscurely steal style from a guy I miss:

matt_'you may already be a winner.' thanks, but I already knew. I don't need junk mail to tell me.



where oh where have you got to.


*title used by wife's kind permission



4 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger topavia did not say:

no worries you.
smiles out number frowns.
i am not a swing state. i made a decision, i'm confident it's the right one.

happiness abounds.

[a conspiracy theorist resides inside, my eyes are open.]

@ 11/18/2004 12:24:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

i agree with arnoud about the link hovering.

i know you didn't ask about the rest, but i also liked the heading at the larger font from before (i think it was a larger font. am i imagining things?).

I do not think the archives format is very pretty. but if you insist on having so many archives then it is the most space-efficient way of displaying them.

you and i would run into trouble with the lack of decisions (if we ever have a chance to spend time together).

i am waiting to read something you have written.

@ 11/18/2004 03:45:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

i have to post another comment to say that yes, i did notice the idiocy of the last sentence of my last comment.

erg.

@ 11/18/2004 10:19:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger mAtt did not say:

arnoud/lelia:

all right, you've convinced me, I'll change the link-hovering back.

also I realized what was causing the weird date format on the archive list. fixed it.


topavia:

I'm heartful like that.


lelia:

I think you might be imagining things.

I'm still up in the air about what to let you read and I haven't yet come down out of the air. you'll be the first to know.

@ 11/19/2004 01:22:00 AM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).