it is not Thursday, April 14, 2005.

[metaphor]

life is hard, but life is harder when

1. you have a dream about a girl named morgan with whom you were once quite taken but have not spoken to in six years and she says to you 'hi, katrina' and you say to her 'hi, steve.'

2. you wake up sitting on the floor downstairs at 4 in the morning without knowing where you are or how you got there.



5 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous did not say:

Hmmm. I am fascinated. Not by your dream so much, but more by the sleepwalking. So how often do you sleepwalk? Is this a first? Related to the head-knocking of a few weeks ago? For some reason though, I can't help but think of Donnie Darko and Fight Club.

@ 4/14/2005 07:31:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

oh i didn't like that movie (donnie darko). it made me scared. [this must be because i didn't understand it, but i was too unsettled by it to brave watching it again just yet.]

on the other hand i thought fight club was a great movie, i just don't like the thought of it being real.

which is all kinda but not exactly related to not knowing what to say in reply to that post.

you need to stress less/not have been bumped?

(must explain: when i say 'stress less', i do not mean that you should stop stressing, i mean that you should remove the sources of stress from your life. i.e. i am stressed right now. really stressed and trying not to be. unfortunately i do not have the means to go to part time work, or the heart to give back the kitty that causes me so much worry, or the ability to move out of the house i just moved into, or the nous to make my friendships less time consuming and the tact to make them less worrying. so here i am, variously stressed and then not stressed, or forgetting that i am which is not quite the same thing.)

oh look, i made this a me-post. i'm sure dan could come up with some more practical suggestions on how to keep track of who you are (nametag?).

Another topic: what would you do if you had a 1up? http://www.thinkgeek.com/apparel/hoodies/7194/

@ 4/14/2005 09:36:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger topavia did not say:

since it's not a part of your ordinary world, i suppose sleep walking could be scary.

as a child i was a chronic sleepwalker, and the doctors said i would grow out of it. i haven't. it's still a part of life. so much so that i know my own signs now. prior to falling asleep i can feel this sensation in my legs and my heart - and i know instantly, i will wake up more tired than i fell asleep. sometimes walking so much so that i have shin splints in the morning or leg cramps.

another pre-symptom is the ticker. i call it the ticker because it reminds me of the NYSE ticker that runs over Wall Street. just a series of digital numbers, equations, formulas, etc. that actually float across my eyes when they are closed and i am not yet asleep.

i would say for the most part it is unbelievably inconvenient and bothersome; but everyonce in awhile an answer to something i have worked on for hours sails in from no where and just suddenly; with the questions answered, i sleep.

the shrink says i think myself to a point of exhaustion or i sleep restlessly.

i went to hypnosis for it once. didn't work.

@ 4/15/2005 07:13:00 AM  

..................................
Blogger nmrboy did not say:

katrina?

n.

@ 4/15/2005 04:50:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger mAtt did not say:

hjr whose name I dare not type: this is a first. possibly related, but the mind is such a deep well of possibility, who will ever know? not me.


lelia: I have never been stressed more than an estimated ten days total in my life, and only (by my reckoning) two days in the past year. I ought not to have been bumped. with a 1-up I would make cream of mushroom soup, because that is the soup I like and I am hungry for soup at the moment.


jenn: I get ticker-like phenomena before migraine. I don't know what I get before sleepwalking because I've only done it once. how simultaneously sad and happy. I guess.


steve?

@ 4/16/2005 12:48:00 AM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).