it is not Saturday, April 16, 2005.

[to revisit the past and other diversions]

I'd like to do that thing I did a while back. that thing where I told you to ask me to post pictures of certain things, and then I did it. that thing.

it was a thing I really enjoyed. so, selfishly, let's do it again, shall we?


now then.

I might be going to a superhero party tomorrow; the difficult part of the whole thing is, obviously, I am not actually a superhero. so I'll have to make something up. it can be anything, and once again I must appeal to my fellow inter-netters for help in identifying any possible latent powers. can I be Captain Obvious, who says things like 'you are wearing a shirt' and 'my glass is made of glass' and 'oh dear I just walked in on you in the toilet'? or can I make super-use of another of my traits and qualities? I could be the supervillain Calculatinator, who can predict to within eight significant digits the weaknesses of his enemies. dressing up for that one would be hard, though. good heavens this could be fun.

I'm not really putting the onus on you though. you don't know me as well as I do. or maybe so.

[much self-censoring]

I have this theory that a person becomes the last thought a person thinks before s/he dies. and when each possible thought is someone's final thought, the universe will attain sentience, and then we're done for. but I don't fret because there are several degrees of infinities of possible thoughts, and no significant portion of them have been final thoughts yet.

[aside: it is possible I'm in a 'mood.' I hate 'moods.']


I have another theory that I have moles on my back (not a theory) and I theorize that they are the manifestation of a code latent in my dna and in order to decrypt it, I of course require huge amounts of bids on my iPod.

my wife has been watching huge amounts of alias and perhaps this has something to do with something.


it occurs to me that bodies are beautiful. this isn't a sexual thing at all, either; it's just so amazing that every atom that constitutes me was once a star, and now a bit cooler and more stable, the chemicals I am have risen to consciousness and can look in and see meaning and can look out and see beauty.

I need not look far. I have the love of the woman I love, who is at this moment asleep with one arm around my waist and is dreaming, eyes and arms and toes all aflutter. in the morning she won't remember but I will. someone I know recently had a dream contrasting me against lenny kravitz. the differences are vast and incisive; after all, who needs to be lenny, when I am me, here, now, stardust with her?



4 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger topavia did not say:

it is too early in the work day for me to cry over beautiful things like stardust...i knew i should have called in.

@ 4/18/2005 05:34:00 AM  

..................................
Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

Ooh, pictures.


1. The inside of your fridge.

2. Something cherished from your childhood.

3. A moose.

4a. Something you see every day.
4b. A 'new' picture of the same thing you see every day.

5. Your favourite supermarket check-out chick.

6. A meal you have cooked.

7. Your favourite place in the house.

Is that enough requests? I could make more!

@ 4/18/2005 09:09:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger mAtt did not say:

tricky.

I'll see what I can do.

@ 4/19/2005 09:05:00 AM  

..................................
Blogger My Life In Indiana did not say:

I hope someday I have a husband as nice as you.

@ 4/19/2005 07:20:00 PM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).