it is not Sunday, May 01, 2005.

[happy days]

the weekend's lan party went off super-successfully. it included such fantastic favorites as unreal tournament 2004, doom 3, and taco bell, with some live demonstrations of half-life 2 and my screensaver.

speaking of the latter, you need to try it. it's called electric sheep (some interesting information about that name awaits the careful reader) and it is a marvel of mathematics and modern networking. oh, and it's freaking gorgeous. one of my coworkers runs it on a computer he rarely uses but keeps on his desk; I'm constantly amazed that he can get any work done. if it were on my desk, I'd be watching it all day. it's almost dangerous in its seductiveness. beware.

highest praise to ian mcewan for his most recent accomplishment. it's far more accessible than the last one I read, atonement, and only slightly less beautiful, likely because it makes overt attempts at philosophy where (I think) the reader should see them between-the-lines like. still, if you can borrow it from a friend or a library or an internet, you should. you must.

my birthday is in a month and I don't know what I want. my birthday and christmas are the only two times during the year when I don't know what I want. strange, that. perhaps I don't like doing something when it's forced, even when it's to my advantage. but let's set introspection aside. the question is, what do I want? the answer is



5 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger Jen did not say:

matty - while you are trying to figure out what you want for your birthday, can you figure out what I want for mine? because i, too, am fresh out of ideas. and i only have 3 weeks, 33 minutes and 54 seconds according to my watch which is usually 5 minutes fast. but that's not the point. make me a list so i can shop for you. p.s. nintendo is the most addicting thing in the WORLD!!!

@ 5/01/2005 11:23:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Ghengis did not say:

My computer is now dreaming of electric sheep. It's what its new gig of RAM desired.

I just got this http://ludus1942.ngi.it/ for hl2. It's a little overblown but it gives a cripple a reason to play the game over again. We should play sometime.

@ 5/02/2005 09:20:00 AM  

..................................
Blogger Ghengis did not say:

Nevermind. I do not endorse the product that I previously endorsed. It just has more bad guys and sometimes they forget to shoot. Pay no attention to my posts.

@ 5/02/2005 02:01:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Louise Allana did not say:

nErd.

Look what I found that made me think of you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzmasterson/4310538/

@ 5/02/2005 09:30:00 PM  

..................................
Blogger Parallel H did not say:

Electric Sheep is neat. How could you not share a screensaver inspired by Philip K. Dick with me earlier? I am, after all, the biggest Philip K. Dick fan you know. I am, however, not the biggest dick fan you know. Wow that was crass. I'm leaving it though. I yam what I yam.

(the guilt trip is not real, it is for comedy purposes)

@ 5/03/2005 04:12:00 PM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).