it is not Wednesday, June 08, 2005.

[everything's eventual]

so far this week my paternal grandmother fell and utterly broke her ankle, and my maternal grandmother's appendix ruptured. one of hers fell and (broke? merely injured?) a hip, and another was in a car accident. it makes a guy think. I can't hope to be young forever, but I do hope that when I get old I do so gracefully and without much whining or excessive passive-aggressiveness.

today marks the end of finals week for the school I used to attend (and to which I still live very close), which means that my taunts of 'oh, you're still in school, aren't you?' are completely ineffectual for the next three months, and for some people, never again. lucky you, nerds. summer used to mean happiness and long days of sunshine; now it means work and getting my sunshine through windows. in my dreams I'm not merely immortal but perpetually twenty-two in a world where everything's free. I'm vaguely aware that something in this paragraph contradicts something in the previous one, but only vaguely.

a year ago today (tonight, I suppose) I was watching the transit of venus semi-live on the inter-net. as I recall it was the night before a final I did altogether well on. post hoc, ergo propter hoc? perhaps we'll never know.



2 very splendid and worthwhile comment(s):

Blogger My Life In Indiana did not say:

Where have you gone?

@ 6/28/2005 04:24:00 AM  

..................................
Blogger Jen did not say:

yeah, why no new posts? thanks for visiting me today, even in my slightly grumpy/stressed out mood. you're the bestest big brother ever!

@ 6/29/2005 03:56:00 PM  

..................................


do not post a comment (or not).

do not go home (the grass is always greener).